Finally, we had a nice spring day Saturday! It's has been rainy and even snowy at times since nearly two weeks ago when we had the Saturday hitting 80 degrees. Such a crazy spring this year. We went to watch a T-Ball game at Stacy's school in the afternoon. A couple of her students were playing on the team so she invited us along as well. It was such a beautiful day and I thought Mason would enjoy going. He did, but didn't want to sit and watch very long of course, so John and I took him over to the playground toys and we played there most of the time. He loves the slide and has absolutely no fear of climbing all the way up the big ones and sliding right on down. He wasn't going very fast, but mommy was about having a heart attack watching him climb up the metal steps meant for kids age 6 and up! Both John and I were right there and he's very cautious, despite not being afraid, but he has to do it all by him self, I just knew he was going to fall and break his little neck!!! Boy, am I in trouble. He's definitely ALL boy, so I have at least 18 years of worrying like that a head of me.....probably going to have ulcers ;o) Yesterday we did a couple errands around the house and John & I even managed to watch a movie (John watching the movie, me napping on and off) together in bed while Mason was napping - so nice! Mason helped daddy pack for his business trip to Minnesota this week, we took the dogs for a walk, and then went over to John and Denise's for a nice turkey dinner in the evening.
Mason has just been communicating and learning more and more everyday. I LOVE being able to have actual little conversations with him now and to see him interact and talk with other people. He's still really into his play time with daddy. They chase each other around the house every evening. Mason's latest thing is wanting John to lift him up while he turns on the water and plays in the kitchen sink. Mason will let him know he wants to do it in the funniest way... I can't really describe it well enough to do it justice, but he holds up one finger (indicating he wants to do it "one more time", yeah right!), gets the cutest up-to-no-good look on his face, and says, "eh'.... sink?" The word sink isn't that clear, but it's what he's trying to say. Once they play in the water for a couple minutes, John puts him down and says "SEE! See what you did? You got daddy all wet" pointing to his shirt. Mason squeals and giggles, repeating "SEE, SEE!" and takes off running for another round of chase! It is beyond cute to watch!
Here is a picture of us taken at dinner last night. Mason didn't give his totally fake camera smile for this one, surprisingly .....
No comments:
Post a Comment