This weekend was again full, but very nice. Saturday we cleaned house some in the morning, then went to our good friend David's 30th Birthday party in the afternoon. It was near 80 degrees here Saturday and the party was outside with music, his family's traditional Jamaican cookin', tons of kids and family friends in attendance; it was a GREAT afternoon! Mason enjoyed playing with all the kids, especially the twins that are his age, eating tons of fruit, and of course sharing a slice of birthday cake with daddy. I was so happy to have a nice sunny day, yet so very glad I will NOT be pregnant once summer hits full swing around here! Chasing mason around with my big belly, in the heat ... not really able to find a cool comfortable place to sit and rest while John took his turn .... it really wiped me out! Not to mention I couldn't even compensate with a nice cold beer!!!!!
Yesterday morning we finished cleaning house and I was able to have a wonderful visit with one of my best friends from high school, Amanda, who was in town from New York! Her and her girlfriend Erin came over to see Mason, John, and the house. I hadn't seen Amanda since her wedding in Spokane when I was pregnant with Mason, and we hardly ever get a chance to catch up so, I was really looking forward to the opportunity. Mason was SOOO FUNNY with Amanda - he was totally flirting and showing off like CRAZY! It was love at first sight! As soon as she came in the door he got this huge smile on his face, took her hand and started to show her all his trucks, his bedroom, and all around the house. He was jumping on his bed, trying to do "tricks", hoping around and showing off in any way he could. He's not usually shy when new people come to our house, just quiet, but not the case wit her. John and I were laughing so hard, we've never seen him flirt quite that obvious before. Daddy had to take him for a car ride to calm him down enough for a nap, and us girls went out to enjoy a lovely lunch! It was SO NICE to visit and catch up. Oh, I should also mention Erin is due May 18th, the day after me, so that was fun too.
Anyways, here is a picture of Mason in his Mariners Hat from his Uncle Russ, and one of him and Haus looking out the playroom window, both longing to get outside (not such a nice day yesterday afternoon!) Is that CUTE or what???
No comments:
Post a Comment