
New pools! Are surprise for the grandkids at grandma & grandpa's house!
there we go (with help from grandma)!!!
It's been quite hot here the last couple days, but it's been SO NICE, aside from the hot house issue, I LOVE this weather and am so happy summer is finally here! We've been going to the spray park almost every morning this week, and it has been packed! A little too overwhelming for Peyton, but with moving around, swinging, and changing of scenery a lot, she deals with it long enough for brother to enjoy a couple hours of crazy play. After nap, we've went to the mall toys to play in the cool. Grandma Denise and Grandpa Big John bought these two pools for the grandkids and surprised us with them Thursday afternoon, the hottest day! It took Peyton a bit to warm up to the idea, but eventually she got all the way in and had a great time. Mason was thrilled from the start and was non stop until we pulled him out for dinner, big shocker ;)
To back track a bit, we enjoyed a very nice Fourth at the annual Kieneker Family get together, with tons of food and volley ball games, as tradition. We then went to 'the culdesac' (John's mom & dad's house) and joined the Palmer Family with John, Denise, Stacy, Eric, Beckett, and some other neighbors to continue the celebration and light off fireworks. Another shocker was Peyton was NOT down with the fireworks, and her and I ended up going home, where she was at least a little more comfortable to deal with the noise. Our neighborhood is pretty good and they ceased around 11:30PM. Once she was down, I kept her downstairs until it quieted a bit then put her in her bed and she was pretty much out for the night. Mason woke up at 6AM that morning and ran nonstop until 10:20PM (no nap!) We only had a couple exhaustion driven meltdowns, which was way better than I anticipated! Needless to say, I took him about a day and a half to fully recover. I forgot our camera and with trying to keep missy's terror cries contained :) I didn't have a chance to snap ANY Fourth shots with the cell ... extra sad faces!
We got a few more pictures from the pools that I'll post soon!
To all those who are local, try to stay cool -







No comments:
Post a Comment