My friends, Erin, Heidi, Heidi's mom Paula, and I participated in the Run of the Mill 5K race this past Saturday. My goal was to beat my last 5K time of 26 minutes, 38 seconds, and unfortunately that didn't happen. I was just about a minute slower at 27:31. I was a little bummed but my first 5K was 60 degrees with rain and this one was in blazing sun with a high of 80+ for the day, which made a huge difference for me! Plus each course is different and I know that counts as well. My lungs, legs, everything felt fine (which I was glad of because I've been running between 4.26 & 4.5 miles lately) and the course felt shorter than the last race, but I got SO HOT! I think I actually got a little overheated because I just didn't feel right the rest of the day.
There were 1,711 racers who completed the race and I came in 417th place, tee hee. At least I was faster than well over half of the racers ;)
All the husbands, our kids, and Fawn, Andre, and little Daniel came to cheer us on, which was so nice. It was great to see the familiar faces after crossing the finish line and personally gave me that extra little push at the end knowing they were there watching!
1 comment:
You're Awesome!!!
Post a Comment