Mason had a grand old time with grandma and grandpa K (went to see Despicable Me one day, and the zoo the next) while Peyton and I enjoyed some time together earlier this week. We weren't quite as busy running around as my time with brother, but little missy is crawling around pretty darn good now and is starting to be into everything!!!!! She's definitely busy and keeps me on my toes more now but both John and I LOVE the fact that she's actually getting into things she's not supposed to! It sounds funny, but this is the first time in a long while that she's doing something reminiscent of a child without delays: getting into drawers and cupboards, going right to the baby gates, crawling after someone or something (she should be walking at this age but same basic principle), tipping over the bathroom wastebasket, playing with doors, closing and knocking on them, and her personal favorite: getting into the dog's water bowl - pictured below! Don't worry, I don't let her actually get to it every time and the times she does, I wash her hands very well after. THIS is the stuff people kept saying, "oh, be happy she's not mobile yet", but I had been WANTING & WAITING to deal with - Yay!
P.S. - could Haus be any better of a dog? He totally could care less that she's in his water or if she were to stick her hands in his food bowl while eating. She doesn't get to put her hands in his food bowl, but he's very desensitized to hands being by his food (we made sure of that when he was a puppy) and we while he looks all rough & tough, not to mention fairly chunky these days, he really is an amazing dog with our children. We knew from research this breed was good with kids but he happily just sits there while his ears get tugged on, head climbed on, and belly nudged and hugged!
Due to her sensitivity issues (a common and big part of neuro delays) one of her many quirks is she doesn't like her hair being touched, brushed, done, etc. And not just "doesn't care for" but "major freak-out" doesn't like! Luckily she doesn't mind washing her hair, and I've been able to come up with creative ways to distract her enough to brush it out a couple times a day, but she has been in need of a hair cut pretty badly! Both her therapist and I agreed there was NO WAY she could go to a place to get it cut, even a baby / toddler oriented one, so I went and got some supplies and attempted it myself! I sat her in an old booster style chair with activity tray on our coffee table, with puffs & milk, put on Mickey Mouse Club House, and started to work. I had to do it in small sections for sure, but she did WAY better than I anticipated and I don't think it looks half bad for really having no idea what I was doing, ha ha! I took off almost a good 3" and it already loos much thicker!
From the Front (looks slightly uneven here but it really isn't)... her look cracks me up BTW!

We did get a little shopping time in and while me missed brother very much, it was way more enjoyable with only a cart contained child :o)
Everyone is back home now and we're getting ready to head East of the Mountains for some lake time this next week. We rented a cabin this year at my parents marina and I can not WAIT to get to boating on beautiful lake Coeur d'Alene, get a beer in my hand, and get my tan on!

No comments:
Post a Comment