Sunday, August 29, 2010

Catching up again...



The above & below picture was the view from our cabin deck. I absolutely love it here! Everything about it screams relaxation!!!!


Mason was still obsessed with fishing! I'm pretty sure that will be a favorite activity for several more years to come!
Peyton only wanted daddy after her nap.. notice the scowl on that face!
Can you say little stinker?
On the dock!
My mom & dad enjoying an evening cocktail on the deck
John water skiing for the first time - yay!
The kiddos with auntie Annie
Mike and Mason showing off their muscles on a warm evening!


We've stayed pretty busy this summer, thus causing me to fall behind again on blogging, oops! Well I'll start the catch up by posting about our annual trip over to Coeur d'Alene lake on my parents boat. Their marina started renting out cabins this year! Luckily my dad snagged one early on so we were able to stay right at their marina opposed to the hotel in Harrison across the lake. Either way is nice but having the cabin with a huge deck worked out so much nicer with the kids. John and I were actually able to socialize after the kids went to bed instead of retiring ourselves to a hotel room way before we were ready to sleep. Our cabin deck became the evening gathering place for cocktails, appetizers, and dinner, it was wonderful!!!!
The days were spent playing in the water, lounging in the water, going for an afternoon boat ride, fishing off the dock with Mason, playing on the beach, and lots of eating and drinking! John tried water skiing for the first time ever and got up without much trouble, and I went tubing for the first time in about 15 years (gulp!). We saw many close family friends that moor at the same marina throughout the week and the weather couldn't have been more perfect: 85 - 93 with clear blue skies each day! We got tons of pictures of course so I'll try to narrow it down to some of the best. Can't wait to do it again next year!!!!

No comments: