Saturday, September 4, 2010

Catch up #2 - 10K Run

About 3 weeks ago my sister flew over so we could run the Covey 10K Race in Woodinville (benefiting Seattle Children's Hospital). This was the first 10K race each of us ha d participated in, and it was a great time! I was a little worried about the run because my knee was flaring up again but it felt great the entire time, and while I felt like I was working, I wasn't as winded or tired as I thought I would be at the finish line. The course was my favorite that I've run so far, it was around the beautiful wine valley, starting and finishing at the Red Hook brewery. It was also the flattest, the weather was perfect, and my sister was right there with me the entire time.
Here are our finishing results:
My time was: 58.17, in my age group I was 44th out of 108, and 127th out of 287 woman who finished.
My sister's time was: 58.16, in her age group she was 44th out of 88, and 126th out of 287 woman who finished.

We are both doing the Seattle Iron Girl 10K around Green Lake next Sunday. We also both started training for a half marathon this November in downtown Seattle - I can't wait! I really hope I can complete the half, as it is a HUGE goal of mine I'd love to achieve!


Pre-race - Not the best picture of me but oh well. It was a bit chili out, we had already checked our jackets so I think I'm clinching my body in attempt to stay warm & keep the teeth chattering to a minimum, ha ha!
a quick kiss & hug from Mason before starting!

I'm not post the one post race picture John took. We just finished running 6.2 miles, I'm sure you can guess our cuteness level ;)

No comments: