
Peyton went to stay with grandma and grandpa Kieneker for a couple days, on grandma's offer, so Mason and I got to spend two whole days together! It was weird not having two little ones at all times and I totally missed my baby girl, but at the same time it was really nice to spend the time with just Mason, and I enjoyed it immensely! I wanted to do things that I knew he loved but without the time limitation or schedule we're usually on due to having a little sissy along. Yesterday we packed a lunch, mommy grabbed a coffee, we lathered up with sunscreen, and spent about three hours at the spray park! Mace had a blast, and I had a blast pushing him on the swings, helping teeter the totter, and just sitting in the sun watching him play with other kids in the sand box and water. Even though it was packed, it was oddly relaxing to be able to just sit and watch and not entertain littler Peyter's. I feel so bad even saying that because of course I don't mind being the entertainer since she's not able to fully enjoy the park yet, but it was a nice break at the same time. Once done there, we went to Fred Meyer where Mason got a new Transformer (he chose Megatron), then we ran home to grab a quick snack before meeting Fawn and Daniel at the YMCA. Fawn was generous enough to let us use her guest pass. She and I enjoyed an awesome spin class, and Mason and Daniel enjoyed the kid play areas - it was perfect! We ate dinner after 7 and passed out shortly after, ha ha!
Today we lounged a bit in the morning, played some video games and watched Transformers II - guess who picked the movie? Mason also decided since it was less sunny today, it'd be good to head out to the mall. That's my boy! We played on the toys, looked through the Gap Kids, the Disney Store, and Build A Bear Workshop. Then we played on the toys some more with his 'friends' (some random boys he met in the play area). We hit McDonald's on the way home for dinner, where Mason played in that play area for about an hour and a half after devouring almost his entire happy meal! Again, I happily just sat and watched, pretty much doing nothing but sipping on my diet Dr. Pepper and smiling at his giggle! Once home it didn't take long again before he was wiped out, snoring next to me on the couch. I love those moments as well!!!
We get baby girl back in the morning and I'm very excited to see her smiling little face again! Mason kept saying how much he missed sissy and kept making sure it was only 'one more sleep' until she was back home. He's such an awesome big bro!
By the way, grandma and grandpa pick up Mason Sunday for his turn of spoil-me-grandparent's-time and Peyton and I get a couple days of mommy daughter time! Great idea and thanks bunches grandma K!
1 comment:
Its gonna be hard for the grandparents to top that awesome time with mommy! :-) Thanks again for coming to the class... hope we do it again!
Post a Comment