Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beckett's First Birthday Party

this picture cracks me up! Mason was having a blast, Cali (my mom & dad's dog) was being a good sport, but pretty sure she feared for her life!
Uncle the birthday boy and mommy!
my FAV pic of Peyton and both her grandma's
My mommy & me!
the cook!
the birthday boy!
sicky-poo and me
cake time with big brother's help
cake time with grandma's help ;)
the opening of the presents, always crazy!
ready to chillax after a long day!


I can't believe it, but my little nephew turned ONE already! We had his birthday party this past weekend and my parents came for a visit as well. We had so much fun at the party and enjoyed their visit very much. Mason was especially excited for grandma and grandpa to come and took turns being one of their shadows pretty much every moment he wasn't eating or sleeping!
With last week being so rough (Peyton's nasty double ear infection and John being out of town) I didn't get to run for almost a week straight. Part of me was totally okay with that since sleep was a rarity and I was completely exhausted, but the other part of me was totally itching to get out and go for a nice run. Funny, but good, that it's become such a release and a hobby of sorts to me because running was something that I NEVER had previously enjoyed. I have always loved the way I felt after running in the sense I knew I'd just had an awesome workout, but I did not look forward to it by any means. I just hope I can keep it going. I would LOVE, LOVE to be able to say I ran a marathon some day, but I honestly just can't imagine or wrap my head around running 26.2 consecutive miles! So, we're starting small. I'm doing another 5K on July 10th, and hoping to complete a 10K on Aug 29th. Realistically, I think the most I would enjoy doing, and would still feel very accomplished, would be a half marathon. My goal would be to attempt that within the next 6 months given there is one to run within that time frame. Part of my problem is also finding the time to train for more than 30 minute sessions, since I'm training all on road running. No treadmill, no gym membership, which means John is watching the kids and I'm sneaking in a run before he heads into the office or after he gets home, pre dinner or post kids going to bed. I'll see how the training is going and if I'm feeling optimistic, there is always the Rock n' Roll Seattle Marathon again next June!
Peyton isn't motoring all around quite yet, with being sick and all, but I can tell she's definitely enjoying her new found freedom! She is exploring more and more and able to get to whatever she wants in a room with a crawl, scoot and crawl combo. I'm expecting her to amp up the exploration now that she's 100% again with in the next couple weeks... may be time to toddler proof the house again - yay!

No comments: