Saturday, May 17, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!






















IT'S A GIRL!!!! Welcome baby Peyton Mae Kieneker!!! Born May 13th at 11:31PM. 7lbs 3 oz, 20 inches long. She decided to make her grand entrance all on her own, on Great Grandpa Kieneker's 99th Birthday - how cool is that?!?!??!!
I started feeling contractions around 2PM in the afternoon they were definitely different but only about 15 -20 minutes apart and not really getting too much stronger. By around 5:30PM I was pretty sure it wasn't false labor but was also getting a little impatient because it seemed as if things were moving very, very slowly. John and I decided to put a movie in and try to relax in bed around 6:30 or so (grandma & grandpa K had already picked up Mason for the night just in case). Around 7pm I had a much stronger contraction, and all of a sudden my water broke! The next contraction jumped to 4 minutes later and was definitely painful! I told John to call the hospital. By the time the midwife called us back, with in 5 minutes, the contractions were 2 minutes apart and I now knew the meaning of the phrase, "you know it's time, when they hurt so bad you can no longer talk through them!" I was trying to stay calm, but on the inside I was a little worried about getting to the hospital on time. My contractions with Mason were no where near this painful, especially before we got to the hospital. We were admitted to our room around 8:15PM. My contractions were anywhere from a minute to 2 minutes apart and VERY, VERY painful - I was already 5CM dilated!!!! For a moment they were worried we didn't have time for an epi, but luckily we were able to, so a major crisis and mental break down was averted!!!!! Three hours later, little Peyton arrived. She beat my personal record with a 4 and a half hour labor and 12 minutes of pushing (4 pushes) - CRAZY!!! My blood pressure was lower than it had been in weeks and thank God, I had no hemorrhaging post labor either. Since we've been home we've been trying to get acclimated and enjoying our new baby girl and seeing Mason with his sissy. He is so AMAZING with her and already loves her so much!!!! We already have tons of pics so I will get to posting them as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations John & Allison! I'm so happy to hear all went well and you now have a baby girl. I love the name Peyton.

Anonymous said...

Nice work guys! She's a cutie! And, she's less than 3 weeks younger than Daniel! They will be buddies for sure! Hope you are getting the sleep you deserve Allison!