Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Disneyland!





THE TOWER OF TERROR PHOTO!!!!

Sorry it's taken so long to get a post up about our trip. We've been go, go, go lately it seems. Always projects or family events and dinners going on. Not to mention with John's mom and dad staying with us, the little spare time I felt we had seems to be gone for some reason - haha! Funny how that happens. That's been fun though, and great to have the extra set of hands around the house, especially with the kids :o)
So anyhow, back to Disneyland - it was SO MUCH FUN and so weird vacationing with just my husband! Weird in the sense I felt very light every time we'd leave the hotel! I was light a diaper bag chocked full of kid stuff, a stroller, sippy cups, and two kids! Not to mention I'd constantly have the mom feeling on, then come to realize, oh wait, they aren't here!!! I can just be a wife - ha ha! I'd forgotten how SIMPLE traveling is without kids!!!! We were able to fit everything we needed for John and me in carry on luggage - what?!?!?! How wonderful it was! Since we were going to be doing a lot of walking my shoe selection was limited, which definitely helped on the packing space :o). I did miss and worry about the kids a lot, but really enjoyed our time together and seeing everything Disney had to offer! Seriously, everything is just so neat, extravagant, and even though it sounds totally cheesy, there really is something magical about the place. I loved the carefree, young, happy feeling that exudes from everywhere and can't wait to take Mason and Peyton in a year or so!
It was pretty busy, but not uncomfortably so. The longest we waited for a ride was 45 minutes on our first day, we were just too excited to wait for the fast pass time. The rest of the rides we utilized the fast pass, an awesome luxury when you don't have kids schedules to work around! We slept in until 8:30 - 9AM every morning! Yes, sadly that is now considered sleeping in - ha ha! John and I would go get breakfast, then head to one of the parks to start adventuring around. California Adventure is open until 10PM, and Disneyland midnight! Again, without kids we were pretty much able and open to do what we wanted at a leisurely pace. We would do rides and see all the sites until around 3PM or so, then go back to the hotel for a nap, or swim, and head back to the park(s) and downtown Disney for the night. We even caught a couple movies as our break. One day we saw The Ugly Truth (SO FUNNY) and another we caught District 9. That was a very interesting movie. Sad really, and way different than I was expecting it to be.
My two favorite rides were Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror! My very first time on Splash, I got the front seat! Extra scary, and wet but a lot of fun. Tower of Terror is a BLAST!!!!!!! I highly recommend it. I was screaming but couldn't stop laughing either. What's really cool about it is each time you ride it, it's slightly different. The number and timing of the drops are different. Of course the first time you go on it you are really surprised, but to be honest I enjoyed our second ride the best - it really tricked me that time ;o)
We shopped a bunch, which wasn't hard to do since there are an abundant amount of gift shops, including a Disney store in downtown Disney that no joke spreads a couple blocks long, at least! It was so hard to narrow down what to get as gifts and souvenirs for everyone and our selves. At least we had a cash budget to keep us from going too crazy - ha!
Well, most of the pictures are on Facebook so I won't go crazy, but here are a couple of my favorite....

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sounds like fun! I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a kid. Can't wait to take Brooke when she is older. Happy belated 2nd anniversary!