Friday, August 14, 2009

Vacation Part II






I think most have already seen the pics from the Great Wolf Lodge, but here are a couple from that portion of our trip. It was so fun - LOVE the slides at that place. Mason was still a bit scared to do any of the slides again this year, and definitely doesn't like water in his face at all! Be it, splashed, or underwater if it's in his face, he is freaking out. He does enjoy swimming though, so it's just something we'll have to work on. Despite that, he does just fine in the shower, and fine in the bath, which I'm very thankful for.

John and I leave for Disneyland to celebrate our second wedding anniversary on Wednesday and I'm SOOO EXCITED!!!!! I've never even been to CA! We plan to take Mason when he's 5. That trip will be focused on things he wants to see and do most, not to mention one of us will be waiting in line with Mason and the other tending to Peyton a good portion of our time in the park, I wanted to be able to see everything and experience everything together with John first. Especially since I've never been. It will be so weird vacationing without the kids! I know I will be missing them horribly! I know I'll also be in a constant state of wondering are they doing okay without us, especially at bed time, and if the grandparents are doing okay, but I'm looking forward to the break as well. The time alone with John will be very nice and is much needed too! My mom will be coming over to help watch the kids during the day, and since John and Denise are staying with us, they will be around to help out in the evenings and through the night if needed. We are not telling Mason we're going to Disneyland though, but that we're going to California. He wants to see Disneyland SO terribly! It's all he talked about doing when Stacy and Eric went last Spring. I think his little feelings would be so hurt. We will of course bring back lots of prizes and then we'll probably mention we stopped by Disneyland to get him & sissy some Disney treats really quick - AND to check on how the Pixar Cars addition is coming along (another reason we're waiting to take Mace)! I can't wait!

No comments: