Friday, December 5, 2008

The Sickerson's



It's a proven equation time and time again in our family: John out of town = one or greater getting sick

This time it was all three of us and at the same time! It always breaks my heart to see my babies sick. They look so much smaller and innocent looking me. I can't help but feel a little helpless at times especially when they both want and need my full attention, almost always at the same time, and I'm a walking zombie from not sleeping and being sick myself. Luckily there was no puking, just horrible head and chest congestion, aching bodies, and coughing. I almost went to the doctor - I was so congested in my chest I was wheezing just trying to talk and was having difficulties breathing. Luckily that part only lasted a day or so and was only a symptom I had.
We're all feeling better today - we had a movie and being lazy on the couch day yesterday, and John's mom brought over some dinner which was wonderful too. We even all napped together at one point.
Mason and Peyton were playing again this morning - what troopers! Daddy comes back late tonight for the weekend, then is off to Hawaii for a new account next week - lucky duck!

No comments: