

Well, I've completely given up on the idea of trying to play catch up, just not realistic! I'm a little bummed in myself for not stay on top of blogging, especially since a lot has actually gone on the past 6 months or more, but oh well, what can I do about it now, right?
Mason has started preschool and LOVES IT! He's so cute! It was a bit of a reality check for me, however. It's so weird and little hectic getting everyone ready and him to "school" on Friday's, but we manage. I try to have as much organized the night before as I can (his backpack, snack, show and share item, etc), but if nothing else this has been good practice for the fall when he'll go two days a week. I now see why they work you up to a daily getting the kids ready for school routine - tee hee! I never realized how much work and organization it could really be. Then again, maybe that's just me! I also felt really old, and sad that my little boy is already breaching this stage. He'll also be starting a U5 soccer team in Sept. There will be 30 minutes of a practice and 30 minutes of a game every Saturday, which I am so excited about! People can actually come see him play this time, unlike the last soccer we tried which was at 2PM on Tuesdays.
We celebrated little Peyton's 2nd birthday on Saturday! We just had immediate family over for a couple reasons. One being I was just too lazy to put together a big party. I figured this was probably the last time in a while I would be able to get away with it, so I did. Second, being our little Missy is pretty sensitive to lots of people and noises and since it was HER day, I thought I should heed to her current phase. It was lots of fun, and I still tried to do a bit of fun themed things. Peyton is very into Mickey Mouse right now, so I experimented in making these mini Mickey Mouse cupcakes. I may do a couple things different next time, but they were pretty good and she seemed to really like them. I figure there's probably another Mickey party in our future somewhere, and I can make them better for that! She has started services with the Little Red School House, a in house / parent coaching service for special needs children, including those with a 25% of greater developmental delay. We have an amazing 'teacher' and things are going well so far. We will actually be meeting with one of their motor specialists on Monday the 24th for a review to determine if Peyton is in need of a walker or leg support / braces to help increase her mobility. we have her 2 year health and wellness appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how officially huge she is :o)
John and I have also stayed busy. Work has stayed pretty busy for him, and when I'm not on mommy duty, I've taken up running as a hobby. I'm up to 3.3 miles now, which is HUGE for me! I'll be running in my first 5k on June 6th with a couple good friends and I'm so excited! It's been something I've always wanted to do and can't wait to try it! Hopefully it will go well, and I can do more. Maybe even a half marathon somewhere in the future? I don't know if I could EVER do more than that, or if I even desire to really, ha ha!
Well, I better jet - nap time is nearly over and Mason is getting impatient with my typing - I pledge to post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment