
This is one he will kill me for posting one day I know, but I just couldn't help myself! We made paper airplanes the other week and I wish I would have thought of it sooner because he was SO into them! We seriously made about 10 different ones. He even asked to pull out the crayons and markers to color the paper before we folded them. Coloring isn't something he's ever been very interested in. It was also his idea to grab his pilot hat while flying his paper airplanes... I was laughing so hard!
I took him to Smitty's the other day for his first haircut there. It's a barber shop that has been in Lynnwood for years, and only charges $5 for a haircut! He was the youngest one in there by 50 years (no joke) but he loved it and all the men there got a kick out of him as well.
Mason finished preschool last Friday! He starts Kindergarten in September, which is already throwing me into a panic, but I'm excited for him at the same time! He attended Preschool Pals through the City of Mill Creek Parks and Recreation Department and we all absolutely loved this school! He went through some serious separation anxiety after Christmas break and freaked out crying and screaming every time we dropped him off anywhere, including grandma and grandpa's, which is seriously his home away from home! The teachers were amazing in helping both him, and me, work through it. We had to simply push him through and there were a couple morning where the teacher literally pulled him off of me screaming (which was absolutely horrid to deal with) but he got through it and was back to being dropped off with no tears or issues by the end of the school year. Not sure where it came from, nothing major changed in his schedule or life, and he wasn't being picked on or challenged in any different way at school, but from what I read and heard from both his doctor and teachers, was that its fairly common and often does occur after a break from school, and pushing them through is the best way to deal with it. Itll be interesting to see how going to Kindergarten each morning will be, but he's also been going to the gym daycare while I workout 2-3 days a week, and we have him signed up for 5 week long camps (M,W, & F 9-12:30PM, counts as a week) spread out from the 2nd week of July to the last week of August at the YMCA, so I'm hoping both will help prep him a bit for the daily drop and added mental stimulation come September!




The above two pictures are of Mason and his best buddy Hudson. His sister Charlie is also in the last one. They came over for a play date last week, and they got into costumes half way through the afternoon. Above, they were eating fruit snacks and watching a movie! Not sure if you can really tell from this pic, but Mace was a ninja with a light savor, and Hudson was Superman with Hulk hands - LOL , LOVE, LOVE it!


This was a fort we made a couple days ago and its still up! I'm about tired of it, but both Mason and Beckett have been continuously going in there to play. Surprisingly, Peyton hasn't torn it down once, yet....
... well, I could go on and on but I guess that's a decent update for now! More on Mace to come soon! Summer break is just starting and once our weather gets it together there will many more adventures to come I'm sure!


No comments:
Post a Comment